We Are OPEN For Essential Products and Services
STAY AT HOME ORDERS – BALLINA SHIRE
As advised by NSW Health, new restrictions will be introduced for the Byron Shire, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina Shire Local Government Areas, effective from 6pm 9 August until 12.01am Tuesday 17 August 2021.
Ballina Fair will remain OPEN for essential products and services in line with NSW Health advice;
Businesses that can be open
Businesses providing essential products and services that can be open include:
- grocery stores including
- butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable, seafood
- other food or drink retailers that predominantly sell or display food or drinks
- Food and drink premises,
- if the premises are part of a shopping centre, selling food or beverages for people to consume outside of the shopping centre
- kiosks and other small food and drink premises
- petrol stations
- banks and financial institutions
- hardware, building supplies
- landscaping material supplies
- agricultural and rural supplies
- shops that, in the normal course of business, operate as or sell and display
- pet supplies
- office supplies
- chemists providing health, medical, maternity and baby supplies or
- liquor stores
- post offices
- garden centres and plant nurseries
- vehicle hire premises, not including the premises at which vehicles are sold;
- shops that predominantly carry out repairs of mobile phones
- laundromats and drycleaners.
“Click and collect” and home delivery
Businesses may continue to operate if they provide goods and services to customers that are
- ordered by phone or internet
- delivered to customers
- collected by customers.
A ‘click and collect’ service can also be used by customers to return or exchange goods by prior arrangement either by phone or internet.
In local government areas where the stay at home rules apply, when you leave home you must carry a face mask with you at all times.
You must wear a face mask
- in all indoor areas of non-residential premises
- at certain outdoor gatherings
- if you are on public transport
- in a major recreation facility such as a stadium
- if you are working in a hospitality venue
- in indoor and outdoor areas of construction sites, except when an exemption applies such as when
- wearing a face mask creates a safety issue or
- there is a worksite emergency
- when working in an outdoor area.
Face masks must be worn at indoor or outdoor areas of a fresh food market.